Top Tips for Laser Hair Removal Manchester
If you are considering Laser Hair Removal Manchester here are some of our top tips for taking care of your skin before and after that will ensure you get the best results.
- Advise your therapist prior to treatment if you are taking any new medication as some can cause photosensitivity which could lead to an adverse reaction.
- Wear loose clothing to your appointment and for 24 hours afterwards so that the area does not becoming irritated.
- Apply a cold compress such as an ice pack to the area following treatment, this can help to cool it down and soothe any pain and discomfort.
- Stay hydrated both by drinking water but also by limiting caffeine and alcohol consumption which dry the skin out.
- Use an SPF immediately after treatment as the skin will be sensitive and more prone to pigmentation after laser.
- Ensure where possible that you attend your appointments as these are scheduled as specific times for optimum results. For face treatments we recommend 4 weeks and for body 6 weeks.
- If you are going to be exposed to the sun its important that a patch test is carried out so that your therapist can change the settings if required.
- Avoid hot baths and showers, sun beds and steam rooms as well as exercise. The area will already be warm so we don’t want to encourage further warmth.
- Do not use fragranced cosmetics such a moisturisers, an aloe vera gel can help to sooth and calm the area.
- Avoid bleaching products for 24-48 hours.
- If you need to shave its fine to do so after 24 hours but avoid plucking or waxing the treated area so the root and follicle do not become damaged. We want the hair growth cycle to continue so the laser can take effect.
- Avoid exposing the skin to UV light and self-tan for a minimum of 2 weeks before and after treatment as we want to avoid hyperpigmentation. Ideally we would recommend stopping sun bed and tanning use until the Laser Hair Removal course is complete for best results.
Immediately after treatment, the area may feel warm to the touch, bumpy and could be reddish or purple in colour, this is completely normal and will subside over the coming days.
Two Weeks after your session, your skin will much smoother and any hair growth will be noticeably slower – you’ll wonder why you didn’t get Laser Hair Removal sooner.
If you have been considering Laser Hair Removal using our Cynosure Elite IQ, we can offer a free of charge consultation with one of our therapists who will talk you through the risks and benefits of laser treatment, confirm suitability and advise of costs. We usually recommend a course of 6 treatments however some patients may then go on to have top ups for maintenance. We offer the Laser Hair Removal Manchester in our Deansgate Square Clinic. You can now book your appointment online by clicking here.